The µAURAL ( micro - Autonomous Underwater Recorder for Acoustic Listening) is an underwater recording equipment used for any application that requires continuous underwater sound recording. It is powered by a rechargeable NiMH battery pack that provides up to 300 hours of autonomy by charge.
- Marine mammals
- Methane bubble
- Ice cracking
- Underwater noise pollution
- Diameter: 8 cm (3 in)
- Length: 45 cm (18 in)
- Air weight: 6 lbs
- Water weight:2 lbs
- Perfect for short deployment (up to 300 hours of autonomy)
- up to 24-Bit digital recording
- Sampling rate up to 96 000 samples/second
- HTI-96-MIN hydrophone
- WAV file format
- Programmable recording mode: continuous with pause, delay start time spaced recording
- Sampling rate : 8000, 16 000, 32 000, 48 000, 64 000, 96 000
- SD HC memory card storage
- Wireless activation technology
The µAURAL is small and convenient and can be deployed up to 100 meters underwater.
Designed with the collaboration of Fisheries and Oceans Canada, the buoy measure optical, meteorological and oceanographic parameters.