The Hydroball™ buoy is a fully-autonomous solution for bathymetric data acquisition. Its spherical design and robust shell casing have been engineered to make the HydroBall™ buoy most effective in perilous whitewater areas (e.g. river gorges, high-flowing river). The 40cm spherical shell encloses a singlebeam echosounder, a GNSS receiver and a digital compass.
- Droped upstream, the HydroBall™ buoy autonomously collects bathymetric data while drifting
Traditional Hydrographic Survey
- Its fast deployment makes the HydroBall™ buoy an efficient alternative to classical pole-mounted single beam echosounder used in traditional hydrographic surveys.
Ultra-Coastal Zone Survey
- Mounted on a sled, the HydroBall™ buoy can produce continuous land-sea profiles for integration of continuous land and sea data.
- Diameter of 0.4 meter (16 inches)
- Weight of 13kg (28 pounds)
- 6 batteies of 6V gel-cell
- Battery life of 24h
- Connection USB
Designed with the collaboration of Fisheries and Oceans Canada, the buoy measure optical, meteorological and oceanographic parameters.