Buoy PMZA-RIKI (offline)
Buoy PMZA-VAS (offline)
Buoy AZMP-HLX (online)
Buoy AZMP-ESG (offline)
Buoy AZMP-STA27 (offline)
Buoy IML-7 (offline)
Buoy IML-10 (offline)
Buoy IML-BA (offline)
Buoy WEST HAKAI (offline)
Buoy NORTH AJAX (offline)
The Oceanographic and Meterology Buoy is designed to accomodate the use of many instruments in order to satisfy the oceanographic researcher's needs. These instruments, offered as options, are grouped into three main categories:
- Measurement of the light spectrum level in air and water
- Measurement of the concentration of coloured biological matter dissolved in sea water
- Wind direction and speed
- Atmospheric temperature and humidity
- Atmospheric pressure
A software is designed to help the researcher interpret information from the buoy. This information is sent to a land station via cellular modem or satellite or a combination of cellular and Internet. The researcher can set at which interval he wants to receive information from the buoy.
The buoy is equipped with a automate profiler that, with the instruments on the buoys, included the main controller, can determined automatically if the conditions are good to collect data.
The buoy is using only one anchor. It allow a better deployment and to use a smaller boat for the deployment.
- Approximated height of 4,57 meters (180 in)
- Approximated diameter of 2 meters (79 in)
- In air weight: around 1100 kg (2425 lbs) (according to installed equipments)
- 2 x batteries
- Solar panels
- Operating temperature
- Frequency range
Viking buoy mooring plan with one anchor
Designed with the collaboration of Fisheries and Oceans Canada, the buoy measure optical, meteorological and oceanographic parameters.